Dade Heritage Trust Brickell Walking Tour – South
May 13 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$20.00
Join Dade Heritage Trust (DHT), to learn about the historic Brickell neighborhood. On Saturday, tour goers have the opportunity to learn about a neighborhood that is named for one Miami’s most prominent and historic families.
This is the second of two tours offered by Dade Heritage Trust of the Brickell neighborhood. The Brickell South Tour will educate the tour attendee on a couple of very prominent areas of Brickell during the first half of the Twentieth Century:
- Learn about Dr. James Jackson and his office that is now home to Dade Heritage Trust.
- Learn about one of Miami’s first subdivisions: Point View.
- Hear the stories of the prominent families and stately homes that once proudly resided in Point View.
- Explore the area of Brickell Avenue formerly referred to as Millionaire’s Row.
- See a couple of mansions that still reside from the Millionaire’s Row era.
The tour will meet at the Dade Heritage Trust office at 10:00am. The tour will last 2 hours and promises to educate and entertain the attendee. The cost is only $10 for DHT members and $20 for non-members.
Remember to RSVP Online. You can register HERE.
The address for Dade Heritage Trust is 190 SE 12th Terrace, Miami, FL 33131. It is located on Brickell Bay Drive and SE 12th Terrace. Wear comfortable shoes and bring your smart phones or tablets (with data access). There will be a website available for the tour attendee to see historic pictures of the tour stops as they are discussed.
Look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday at 9:45am.