Cultural Fridays, or Viernes Culturales, presents the thirteenth year of Dr. Paul George Walk Tours through Little Havana. Attendees will be brought to a neighborhood of homes, retail shops and architecture unique to this historic neighborhood.
Little Havana Tour conducted by Dr. Paul George.
Date: Friday, July 31st, 2015, as part of Cultural Fridays (Viernes Culturales).
This Special Tour is Educational, Interesting, and Absolutely FREE!!!
- Hear the intriguing history of the fabled Ball & Chain Bar and Music Hall
- See the site of the Cuban Baseball Museum.
- View a wonderfully restored neo-classical home.
- Visit the cultural corner at S.W. 6th Street and 12th Avenue.
- See the stunning Ladies in White painting and later the workspace of artist Daniel Fila.
- Regale in the sight of a one-of-a-kind Moorish Tower in the old Riverside neighborhood.
- See the site where radical folklorist Stetson Kennedy spent a time writing.
The tour meets in front of the Tower Theater, at the corner of SW 8th Street and 15th Avenue, sharply at 7pm.